Be sure to come out and see us at the Good Hope Poppy Festival! We will be there all day!
The Good Hope Poppy Festival provides a fun fall day to citizens and neighboring counties in downtown Good Hope, Georgia. Established in 2013, the name was given in 2015 to honor the Poppy Lady, Moina Michael, born in Good Hope in 1869. Moina Michael used the red corn poppy as a symbol to honor fallen troops in WWI. The tradition continues today to honor fallen servicemen worldwide.
Saturday October 24, 2015
RAIN or SHINE - Proceeds benefit local American Legions & VFW
- 9AM Festival opens: Good Hope City Hall
- 10AM Bike Rides / Car Show
- 3PM Awards Presentation - Main Stage
- 4PM Festival closes
Good Hope Poppy Festival Activities
- Visit over 50 vendors - We strive to be sure that each vendor is different from the next.
- Listen to live bands throughout the day
- Eat tasty food prepared by local cooks.
- Ride old-fashioned hayride.
- Meet new friends and greet old-timers
- Poppy Bike Ride: family, fun & experienced rides start/end Good Hope Christian Church
- Miss Poppy Pageant - Harmony Baptist Church 10/10/15
- Poppy Car Show - Good Hope Christian Church (take the Hayride from City Hall)
- GOOD HOPE POPPY FESTIVAL WILL MAKE DONATIONS TO LOCAL AMERICAN LEGIONS & VFW